Robert
Robert, consultant
Experience:  many years in the computer consulting industry
23372949

Ca. You help ?

Customer Question

Hi ca. You help ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  michelleclive replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today. Let me know how may i help you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can we talk on the phone ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I could explain better
Phone call is an additional service you can opt for then the system will allow me to call.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok how do I do that
can you tell me the problem a bit in detail.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cant update my Mac because the user who sold me it has a password ***** the account I'm trying to bypass it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't update softwArelr anything etc
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
10.5.8 OS X
Thanks for letting me know it a mac. I am not a mac expert i will open the question to mac experts.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How long will that take
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
these are the instructions to reset the password ***** the mac under osx 10.5 Power on or restart your Mac.At the chime (or grey screen if your chime is turned off), hold down Command+S on your keyboard to enter single-user mode.This step is optional, but it’s a good idea because it checks the consistency of the hard disk before moving on. At the prompt, type fsck -fy and press Enter/Return. Wait for the checks to complete before going to the next step.Type mount -uw / and press Enter.Type launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.DirectoryServices.plist and press Enter.Type ls /Users and press Enter. This lists all of the usernames on the computer – helpful if you don’t know or remember what these are.Type dscl . -passwd /Users/username password ***** replace “username” with one of the users displayed in the previous step. Replace “password” with a new password ***** your choice. Press Enter.Type reboot and press Enter.