John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

All of a sudden , a week ago, lI stopped receiving emails on

Customer Question

All of a sudden , a week ago, lI stopped receiving emails on my iPad after sending some photos of hikes to friends. My email is***@******.*** . The cogeco tech support say it's a problem with the iPad , as the web mail has received all the messages (105) . Which I have verified. The trigger fo the problem seems to be the sending of the photos , about 15 Mbs . Can you help!!
Neil Harrison
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 5 months ago.
Hi Neil, it may be best to remove and then re-add the account to the iPad. TO REMOVE ACCOUNT From the home screen, tap Settings. tap “Mail Contacts, Calendars” From the Accounts section, tap the email account you wish to remove. tap “Delete Account”. tap “Delete” to confirm. TO ADD ACCOUNT In Settings > “Mail Contacts, Calendars”… In the Accounts section, Tap “Add Account”. tap your email provider (use "Other" if not listed) Follow the onscreen steps and provide the required information to configure your account. In the boxes provided you should enter your name, complete email address, password, and a description of the account. Once you’ve entered your information, in the top right, tap Next. After your account has been verified, in the top right, tap Save. (Note: Make sure that the Mail option is turned ON.) When the account setup has been completed, test that it works properly. Thanks and good luck!John