Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My iphoto says it "quit unexpectedly" JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

my iphoto says it "quit unexpectedly"
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: iphoto opens and then shuts down it says "quit unexpectedly"
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today, What OS are you running? click on the Apple icon in the top left and choose about this mac. It will tell you the version number.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
10.8.5
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.
Please try to update to iPhoto 9.2.1 or later. See About updating iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand for more information about updating iPhoto. let me know the resultsThank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
so did i just pay $25 for that answer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
its says i that the page you referenced above does not exist
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.
Please delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder. then delete iPhoto's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto folder Now launch iPhoto and try again.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My iPhoto version is up to date
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.
Ok please try the following : Please delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in yourUser/Home/Library/ Preferences folder. then delete iPhoto's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto folder Now launch iPhoto and try again.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I get to those files
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.
Please open the location : User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder. and delete the contents the following folder, click this image
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.
If it doesn't try the following: Launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down and rebuild the library, please click this image Run Option 4, Rebuild Database, followed by Option 1 if needed. let me know the resultsThank you
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 6 months ago.
has everything worked out please?