Nathan, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Own/operate IT/networking company.
59725966

Can I connect my iPad to a Denon AVR-1611 receiver JA:

Customer Question

Can I connect my iPad to a Denon AVR-1611 receiver for music
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Trying to play music from my iPad through an older Denon receiver
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I have an aux cord
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. This is a very basic model receiver and as such it does not possess any integrated network or bluetooth functionality, so you can't use the ipad wirelesslly to the denon directly. You can however use a cord to connect it: http://amzn.to/24XpLoA This would plug to the headphone jack on the ipad (set ipad volume at about 80%)with the other end to the CD or other open red/white port on the denon, where you'll adjust the final voluem there. There are some options as well for wireless via the addition of a bluetooth receiver unit to the denon, or an appletv for wifi streaming. I can explain more about those if desired. Best regards,Nathan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I do this with a regular aux cord
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
That is exactly what this is,you need a cord with minijack on the ipad end, red/white rca on the other.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
there is not a direct auxillary minijack input on the denon, it has to be the stereo rca cables.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?