Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My iDVD is not responding. It won't eject the disc.What can

Customer Question

My iDVD is not responding. It won't eject the disc.What can I do?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Theres a disc in the drive but I can't eject it. The drive doesn't respond to any commands
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: Yes! I think I may have damaged the drive inserting the disk..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. Restart your Mac and immediately hold down the LEFT mouse button (or trackpad button) before the chime sound/grey screen appears. Keep it held down until the disk comes out. It may take up to 2 minutes to eject the disc. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.