Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

I keep getting an error when I attempt to set up Touch ID.

Customer Question

I keep getting an error when I attempt to set up Touch ID. "Unable to complete Touch ID set up", how do I fix
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 8 months ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.When you go to 'Add a Fingerprint...' does it take you to the next screen where it says 'Place Your Finger'? If so what happens when you place your finger on the Home button? It should give you a number of prompts as it learns your fingerprint. RegardsJins
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The next screen displays the following error, "Unable to complete Touch ID set up"
Okay, restart your iPhone and try again. Please refer https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201559 to know how to restart your iPhone. RegardsJins
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Already tried that
Okay, then please try a factory reset. Please refer : https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201252If it not works even after factory reset, it may be a hardware error. You should contact the nearest Apple store. RegardsJins
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok must then I'll contact d Apple Store. Thought u might be able to fix. Thanks
Did you try Factory reset ? If it shows same error even after factory reset and iOS update, it may be a hardware issue.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Alreasy tried everything u suggested to no avail.