Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

While moving emails from an IMAP account to "On my Mac",

Customer Question

Hi. While moving emails from an IMAP account to "On my Mac", after mail 1, the Transfer stopped and after some minutes I got the message that my MAC has run out of memory.
JA: Fortunately, the wizards we work with know Apple products inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best person for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I closed all apps and restarted. Since then, I cannot enter any IMAP account because the valid passwords are not accepted
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: Each and every account that worked before is now asking for Mail Pasword but entering the correct password ***** does not start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information: • The exact system Version (listed right under OS X ??) • Processor • Memory