Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I'm getting a message on my Mac the says: "Warning: Your

Customer Question

Hi, I'm getting a message on my Mac the says: "Warning: Your System Might be Infected." This message has a code and a phone number to call to talk to a certified Tech. Is this a bogus message? There is no indication that the message is from Apple. The message is also keeping me from moving to another page or delete the message itself. What can I do?
Suspicious
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. That is a SCAM message. Don't call them. Press Command, Option and Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit window. Select Safari and click Force Quit. This will close Safari. Then hold down Shift key on your keyboard and open Safari. Click on Safari menu and select Clear History and Website Data. On the dropdown next to Clear, select All History and click Clear History. (For older Safari, you will see Reset Safari. Click it and reset Safari) Restart Safari. That should clear it. Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you