Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I'm using the airport utility to pull up my airport and it

Customer Question

I'm using the airport utility to pull up my airport and it keeps saying it can't find the airport. I'm on the internet now on my mac. So the Internet is working. How come it can't find it on Airport Utility?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: I'm searching for it to add WPS printer.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your Airport device?Is the computer connected to the airport device with an Ethernet/network cable)? Or is the connection wireless?What's the model of your printer?What's the model of your internet modem device?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the Model of our Airport Device is FCC ID: BCGA1354 IC: 579C-A1354
the Model of our Modem ARRIS TM502 G
Samsung Printer: M2835DW XpressThank you,
You're welcome. Can you please click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac..., then check your Mac OS X version there, such as 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, etc.?- Please connect an extra ethernet / network cable from the computer to the Airport A1354 device. Then open Finder, then open Applications, then open Utilities, then open Airport Utility. Then does it see the Airport device now?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OX X Version 10 10.5I have our ethernet plugged into the airport and computer and it still can't find it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OSX 10.5
Is it OS X 10.5 or 10.10.5?- Please disconnect the power cord from the the Airport device for a couple of minutes, then re-connect, then wait a bit, then open Airport Utility again and check.Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OSX 10.10.5It's Airport Utility 6.3.5 (635.2)
Thank you. Can you please disconnect the power cord from the the Airport device for a couple of minutes, then re-connect, then wait a bit, then open Airport Utility again and check. Please let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It has found the airport now. When I clicked on Base station it's all still grayed out so I can't connect WPS printer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's not grayed out anymore. It's asking for a WPS Pin
Great. It's looking good. Please do the following steps in order get the WPS PIN number from printer:In ready mode, press the X (Cancel or Stop/Clear) button for more than 5 seconds on the printer.- Then the printer will print the network configuration report page, which will include the eight-digit PIN number on it.Next, press and hold the curved arrows icon (WPS) button on the printer for more than 4 seconds until the status LED stays on.; The printer starts connecting to the access point (or wireless router / airport device).Right away, you need to enter the eight-digit PIN within 2 minutes on the Airport Utility. (Recommend to be done under one minute.); The LED blinks slowly for up to two minutes until you enter the PIN number.; The WPS LED blinks in the order below:a. The light blinks fast on the WPS LED. The printer is connecting to the access point (or wireless router / airport device).b. When the printer is successfully connected to the wireless network, the WPS LED light stays on.- If needed, please click on the website below for instructions / illustrations:http://i.imgur.com/3ZR5QMe.jpgPlease reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you for your patience.