Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert
Experience:  Years ago & in 2 years recently, I helped with Mac OS [X] & MacBook & Air & BootCamp etc. problems.

I created a GoogleGroup that has 110 accepted members and 18

Customer Question

I created a GoogleGroup that has 110 accepted members and 18 outstanding invited members that have not been accepted as members. I have resent the invitations but the 18 members, some are gmail users, can not get their invitation accepted into the group. I am at a standstill. Now what??
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Do they all have invites to that Group? it sounds as if they do. What happens when they attempt to answer the invitation to join the group? do they get an error message? Are those 18 using the link in the Invitation email? they should. Perhaps their email has the link turned Off and they cannot just click on it and have the Google Groups page open, but are copying-pasting that URL, and not doing so accurately e.g. if it is longer than one line that can happen.Some browsers, and some email readers, turn off links, so that they can be copied but cannot be clicked, for security reasons. And some email readers will disable links in some emails if it seems to those email readers that the email isn't fully legitimate i.e. if it looks suspicious to the software.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think the "Accept this Invitation" link has been turned off. How do I get Google to turn it back on??? Some of my 22 are actually Gmail users.??
That's an individual choice according to the user's browser settings, or their email package's preferences (since I presume not all of them are WebMail users, and not all of the GMail users are WebMail users i.e. don't use email through a web browser program...)There's not much you yourself can do for those 18 invited members, except advise them to either turn On links for this email only, so they can click through the link directly, I think.