Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Aol on mac closes JA: Fortunately, the wizards we work with

Customer Question

aol on mac closes
JA: Fortunately, the wizards we work with know Apple products inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best person for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: aol starts correctly but closes in a few minutes by itself
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. What version of Mac OS X are you using ? Click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ox 10
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
When did this problem start ? Are you getting any errors ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Lets reset the preferences of AOL and see if it works or not. In Finder, hold down Option key, click on Go menu and select Library. This will open Library folder. Open Preferences folder and trash the files starting with com.aol. Then go to Applications > Utilities folder and open Disk Utility. In Disk Utility, select your hard disk in left column (the first one in the list will be your hard disk), then Repair Permission. After that click Verify Disk and if asked to repair, click Repair Disk. If you are using latest Mac OS X El Capitan, then youwill not see Repair Disk option in Disk Utility. Instead click First Aid buttonand run it. Repair if asked. Restart your Mac and check AOL. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.