Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a Mac OS 10.8.6. I've Had a lot of problems (very slow

Customer Question

I have a Mac OS 10.8.6. I've Had a lot of problems (very slow freezing). I'm have a modem and router. So....... I bought a Acer lap top. It is also having the same problems. Both computers seem to only have the trouble when I'm on the internet.
I called my company that gives me the internet line and talk to them, They checked my speed and said it was good. Upload 12.79 and download 1.01. They don't know what my problem is. I thought buying something new would solve my problem.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
On the Mac Let's check some things before we begin:Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. If you can't get to that menu just hold the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts down. Then start it up again holding those keys. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go.When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Did you do that?