Evan Davis
Evan Davis,
Experience:  Senior Applications Analyst at University of Kentucky HealthCare

I have an old a1203, and I was trying to update it so my visually

Customer Question

I have an old a1203, and I was trying to update it so my visually impaired wife could use it. It has not been in use since 2011, and I can't login or create a new acct, etc.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: Can't think of anything now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Evan Davis replied 5 months ago.
Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I would like to try to assist you today. It sounds like for this iPhone if it hasn't been in use for a while and you have forgotten the passcode we would need to do a restore.To perform a restore of the device you can use the following link: The link provides several options, my recommendation is to use the restore from recovery mode option. If you've never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.While your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't let go when you see the Apple logo — keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. Let me know if this helps or if you have any follow up questions. Thanks! Evan