Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Can't connect to iCloud because of problem with user name notice

Customer Question

can't connect to iCloud because of problem with user name notice keeps popping up after I thought I solved the problem with a technician this morning. What's the problem?
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Hi Grace. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Without knowing what the previous tech has done or not done in the way of troubleshooting, I'll need to start from the beginning. I WILL help you solve this. Are you able to login to icloud on the web ( with your Apple id and password?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, can't get past the page because of the pop-up saying there is a problem with my user name. WE re-entered my password ***** thought the problem solved, but apparently not. Cannot us my new computer because of the problem of user name/password.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Grace, thank you for your patience. I got tied up with another client. I can definitely help you with this but I will need to either remotely connect to your computer, or call you on the phone, as I will need to you ask for personal information such as your email address and possibly your account name and password ***** you know it. We are not allowed to exchange personal information on the chat box as it would be visible to all users of the site. For this reason, I have offered the Premium Service of a phone call. This is optional, and if you choose not to do this, I can try to find a way to help you here.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Grace, do you still need help with this? Please let me know if you do and I will provide detailed instructions for you to resolve this. Alison