Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My Mac shows that I have an app called Adobe, but when I

Customer Question

My Mac shows that I have an app called Adobe, but when I click on it, nothing happens. What's up?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. Is it Adobe Reader ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, I got pulled away yesterday. I evidently have Adobe Reader. What I have not been able to do is save files and docs in pdf format. Do I need a different app or am I trying to do it wrong?
Thank you, Randy
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
Adobe Reader is for viewing PDF files. From which application are you trying to save as PDF files ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The file I am trying to convert is an attachment to an email I received. When I open it, it opens Adobe Reader and and says pdf. But when I go to add it to a US patent application it tells me the file must be in pdf format. Thanks, Randy
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
You can use 'Preview' application to convert it to PDF file. Go to Applications folder and open Preview application. Click on File menu and select Open. Open the attachment. Click on File > Export. Select PDF as format and save it. Refer this article --> http://www.cultofmac.com/260256/use-preview-make-pdf-documents-smaller-os-x/ Try attaching the exported PDF to US patent application. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you very much Ashik.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
You're very welcome. let me know how it goes