Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I'm getting a failed to open when I'm trying to access certa

Customer Question

I'm getting a failed to open when I'm trying to access certain links. i've checked all the safari help items including checking if my proxies are correct as it suggests. I don't know if the proxies are correct however,, can some one help me out?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. Do you have any Anti virus or protective applications running ? If so, please disable them and check Safari. Also we can change the DNS of your Mac to Google DNS. This will load websites faster and should open pages without failing. Go to System Preferences select NetworkUnder Network, select Airport and click Advanced (If using Ethernet, select Ethernet or your connection)Select the DNS tabAdd the following DNS and delete the old ones from there. Apply and OK.Restart your Mac and try the websites. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.