Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My Imac keeps shutting down. I can't power back on unless

Customer Question

My Imac keeps shutting down. I can't power back on unless I unplug and plug back in
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: mac keeps shutting down and can't turn back on unless I unplug and plug back in
JA: Fortunately, the wizards we work with know Apple products inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best person for this. Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.
Try resetting the PRAM.1. Shut down the computer.2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need them in step 4.3. Turn on the computer.4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts.6. Release the keys.