Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Just got a new iPad. Set it up as new instead of from iCloud.

Customer Question

Just got a new iPad. Set it up as new instead of from iCloud. How can I redo it?
JA: Fortunately, the tech wizards we work with know their way around the iCloud, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best person for the job. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Trying to start my new iPad. iCloud said my iOS was not compatible with my backups so I started it as new only to find I can't get my info from iCloud. Can I start over?
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. First go to Setting > General > Software Update and do all software update. After that, to start over, you need to erase the iPad. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Contents and Settings. This will erase the iPad and start it over. This time select Restore from iCloud backup. If you have any questions or would like any additionla information, please don't hesitate to ask