Justin Williams
Justin Williams,
Experience:  Freelance IT Consultant at Westlake Computers LLC
93707858

Iphoto crashes each time with EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS) error.

Customer Question

iphoto crashes each time with EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS) error. Can you tell me how to fix it?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: uh. did my last one come thru? my IPHOTO crashes with error mess. EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS) . Can you help me restore it?
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Running Snow leopard 10.6.8. Have never had probs with IPhoto. Was downloading images from IPhone. Now can't get IPhoto to stay up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Justin Williams replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I can fix this problem for you, but it would require me to remote into your computer and run a few commands via the terminal.
It will be an additional fee, but will allow me to login and fully address the issue and get your iphoto running properly.
Please accept my offer for remote assistance if you'd like to proceed.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.
Let's check some things before we begin:Click on the first icon in the Dock (the list of icons at the bottom of your screen) which is the “face” the "Finder", then click on Go at the top of the screen, you will see a drop down menu, go to Utilities. When that opens double click on the application called Disk Utility. When Disk Utility opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and on the right select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Disk Permissions on the left.Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Disk Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
There are unfortunately only two ways to fix this problem. 1. Reinstall OSX from scratch2. Enable root user from the Directory Utility, and then run this command via Terminal: sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force I can try to walk you through #2 in this chat, but it would be much easier for me to connect and do it.