Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Wrong Apple ID when I go to update apps on ipad JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

Wrong Apple ID when I go to update apps on ipad
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My bothers I'd come up he gave me this iPad I need to change it ti mine
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.I'm working on your question. I will reply in a few minutes.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
Each application downloaded using a particular Apple ID is tied to that Apple ID. That means whenever you try to update those apps from App Store, it will still ask for that old Apple ID regardless of what ID you signed on your iPad now. The reason your iPad is asking for your brother's Apple ID is because those apps you are trying to update are downloading using your brother's Apple ID> So what you want to do is, just delete those applications and redownload them using your Apple ID and then that application will be tied to your account. Deleting the app will also delete its contents. It won't delete anything of server based apps like Facebook,Emails etc. To delete, just tap and hold down the app and it will start wiggling. Tap the x icon on the app and it will be deleted. Then open App Store, search the application and download it. Important : Go to Settings select iTunes & App Store and make sure you are using your ID there. If you see your brother's Apple ID there, then tap it and tap Sign Out. Then sign in to your Apple ID. If you don't have an Apple ID, then you can create one from here --> If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.