Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years

Can not download Adobe Flash Player on my computer

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeIs the reason you cannot install Flash on your computer because you do not know your Mac's password ***** allow you to install software?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Thanksyou will then need to reset the password, to do this, please do the instructions belowPower off the MacRight after you hear the chime, press and hold the Command and the R keys for a few seconds, then release. Soon, you'll see the Apple logo and spinning gear (or progress bar).This will force the Mac to boot into OS X on the Recovery Partition that was created when you installed When booting is complete, you'll see a window of "OS X Utilities." You won't do anything there. Instead, you'll go to the Menu bar at the top and select Utilities > Terminal.In the terminal window type the following and hit Return.resetpasswordA new window will open, like this: on the the main volume, then select the desired user account name in the popup. Then enter the new password (twice). A password ***** is optional. Click "Save." Go back to the Apple Menu at the top. Select OS X Utilities > Quit OS X Utilities. That will prompt you to restart the Mac.When the Mac restarts normally, you'll be able to log in to the administrator account with the new password ***** defined above. From there you can manage the rest of of the users if necessary with System Preferences > Users & Groups.Let me know the results please