Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps

My Finder unexpectedly quits and does not open. How

Customer Question

Hello. My Finder unexpectedly quits and does not open. How can I get
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I attempt to click on my Finder icon in my Mac PC the Finder repeatedly quits unexpectedly. How can I open my Finder and access my Desktop, Document and other files?
JA: Fortunately, the wizards we work with know Apple products inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best person for this. Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Aside from this issue everything else seems to be working well on my Mac PC. I love my Mac PC! Just having some aggravation with my Finder window access.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 5 months ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.First safeboot your system by following below steps: Be sure your Mac is shut down.Press the power button.Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold the Shift key. The Shift key should be held as soon as possible after the startup tone, but not before the tone.Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple icon and the progress indicator (looks like a spinning gear).Wait while safe mode boots up. It will take a lot longer than regular OS X.Log in (press shift-enter instead of enter after putting in your password ***** log in without login items.)You are in safe modeSafe mode will run disk repair, and ignores the cache of kernel extensions. If you can boot into safeboot mode without problem, please restart the system and boot normally. Check with Finder and let me know the result. RegardsJins
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I believe I've done the procedure you have indicated. The Find box now comes up but when any file, such as in Document or Desktop, is clicked the Find box then quits unexpectedly. Also my Yahoo is now flickering constantly and not working as well as it did before this. Not good results so far.
Okay, please boot from the recovery partition. Restart the system hold down Command ( ⌘ )and R keys while system restarts; until you see the Apple logo. Now use Disk Utility to repair your hard drive and Repair permission. After that boot normally and check the result. If the problem still occurs, please let me know the version of Mac OSX you are using and the exact error message you are getting when finder quits(if any). RegardsJins