Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Ipad 2 screen won't work, and my ipad has a passcode, is there

Customer Question

ipad 2 screen won't work, and my ipad has a passcode, is there anyway I could recover my ibooks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: So I dropped my ipad a while ago and the screen stopped working (I can't tap anything, I am unable to type my passcode) when I connect it to my mac it saya to allow access on ipad, however, I am unable to do so because the screen doesn't work , and I would really like to transfer my ibooks from this ipad to my computer in order to tranfer those books into another ipad
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: that;s it :)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Does the screen work now ? If that didn't work, then you have to take it to the Apple store to replace the screen. That is the only way to unlock the iPad. If the books are purchased from iBook Store, then you don't have to worry. You can redownload all your purchases on your other iPad or to your Mac without paying again (from iTunes or iBooks store). Refer this article --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201272 On the other iPad, sign in with your same Apple ID you used on iPad 2 and you can redownload all your books and stuffs by following the instructions in the site I sent you. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
Hi there, It's me Ashik again. I'm just checking. Do you still need help ? If you want, I can connect to your computer and redownload your books.