Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a mac mini, and connect to the internet via a shaw.ca

Customer Question

I have a mac mini, and connect to the internet via a shaw.ca router. My iomega is 1.8 Tbyte.
I can connect my two computers and share files when the computers and the HD use wifi.
Or I can connect from only my mac mini to the HD using ethernet connections to the router. I am trying to allow remote access from the internet but there are problems both when using SSL and not using security. There is an internet access error, and the configuring router continues intermittently. What do I do now?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I will be the person helping you today. I can help you in one of two ways:1) We will communicate back and forth on this page.2) Remote support, which would allow me to take a look at the problem and fix it for you while you watch. In my experiences, remote support saves a lot of time for everybody and is safer because if instructions are not followed correctly, it may make the problem worse or create a new problem.As a side note, both options are covered by a 100% guarantee and fully refundable, if we are not able to fix your problem.If you wish to choose the first option, please let me know so we can begin. If you wish to choose the second, better option, then click the Accept this Offer button for Secure Remote Assistance.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks for the offer Jason. This is a personal network, and it is not critical that I have a private cloud, though it would be very nice. So just using email will be sufficient.
Thank you for the update. Let's begin. Questions:1) What is the brand and model name fo your router?2) What is the model name of your iOmega device?3) Which port are you using for the iOmega?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1) it is a Cisco ASA 5505
2) Omega home media
3) having trouble finding the port #
The setup requires a bit of analysis & configuration. Being that I am not allowed to remote in and to this, I will go ahead and opt out of this question.For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.Thank you for your patience. - Jason
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks Jason, sorry for the delay. Here is the full response02 May 2016 07:19
1) it is a Cisco ASA 5505
2) Omega home media
3) auto acquire with DHCP is 192.168.1.21
-alan
The setup requires a bit of analysis & configuration. Being that I am not allowed to remote in and to this, I will go ahead and opt out of this question.For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.Thank you for your patience.- Jason
Expert:  Kevin Wells replied 7 months ago.
Hi Alan,Could you tell me what error(s) you are receiving?How is your firewall configured, can you share the configuration with me?kind regards, Kevin