Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My child has locked my I Pad by putting wrong password ***** too

Customer Question

My child has locked my I Pad by putting wrong password ***** too many times Please Help ūüėä
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: All it says on the screen is the following
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: iPad is disabled connect to itunes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. I'm really sorry that your iPad is disabled. Unfortunately, your only option is erase the iPad from iCloud or force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode or disabled screen and get it restored) But if you had backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPad from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account. Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode. First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.Open iTunes application on your computer.On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.Click OK or Restore Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it. Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPad (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining) Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.