Rylan Sharpe
Rylan Sharpe, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Global IT Manager at an International Company
93720025

Why is it than when I send an email with exclamation points

Customer Question

Why is it than when I send an email with exclamation points they turn into question marks??
Category: Mac
Expert:  Rylan Sharpe replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you with your question. Can you tell me a little about what system you are using. What kind of email and how do you access the email. For example, Hotmail and I access it through Google Chrome or it is Office 365 and I access it through Outlook.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thru xfinity...? That's all I know
Okay, do you send from your computer or another device?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
From my iPhone or iPad mostly
Okay, so you try to send an email, but when you type an exclamation point, it changes to a question mark, right? Do they change as you are typing, or does it look correct when you proof read and then the recipient sees the wrong punctuation?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I get the reply and I look at my original email the exclamation points now look like question marks. It also happens when I receive messages from other apple devices
okay, do you mind sending me a test email and I can check the coding in the email for hints?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did you get the email?
please send to***@******.***
Okay, I just responded.
By the way, they looked fine on my end. They did not come through as question marks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can i forward you one of my emails with the problem?
Yes, please.
Thank you for working with me this evening. I am thinking that the issue is not directly related to your devices, since you and I were able to test to two different of my email addresses from different services. At this point I would appreciate feedback from you. At the top of the screen you can select the number of start and submit the feedback. I am happy to answer any follow-up questions that you might have. Thank you!