tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Experience:  Computer specialist.

My son updated his iPad and suddenly needs a passcode JA:

Customer Question

My son updated his iPad and suddenly needs a passcode
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: iPad 3. After is saying to type in passcode. He never had one!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 5 months ago.
Does it have an email address on the screen that is asking for the passcode?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just asking for a passcode
okay, try this please> hold the home button and power/sleep button at the same time for 30 seconds or until the Apple logo appears, then see if it will let you open.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did not help
okay, do you have a computer with iTunes software installed?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Possibly at work
okay, the only option will be to connect the iPad to a computer and use iTunes to restore the iPad.You can download itunes for free here>CLICK ON THIS LINK<Follow these steps to restore>Connect the USB cable to the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port. press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears you can release the Home button:Then use iTunes to restore the iPad