Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

No phone icon on my iPad mini JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

No phone icon on my iPad mini
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No SIM card
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I've I. I
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. There is NO Phone app for iPads. You can't make or receive calls over carrier network (except Internet calling) on iPad mini like an iPhone or other phone. Even if there is a SIM on iPad Mini (3G/4G models), it can't be used to make calls. It is only for accessing internet. If you would like to make internet calls from iPad, then you can download apps like Skype, IMO etc from App Store and use them to call. Or setup Facetime on your iPad Mini and use it to call to other idevices. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask