Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I was working on a document and microsoft in my mac stopped

Customer Question

Hi, I was working on a document and microsoft in my mac stopped responding, I forced quit and the document appeared again, with everything recovered, and I was about to save it, when it crashed again, and the next time I force quit, there was no autorecovered document pop up. Does that mean I lost the document?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Hi, I was working on a document and microsoft in my mac stopped responding, I forced quit and the document appeared again, with everything recovered, and I was about to save it, when it crashed again, and the next time I force quit, there was no autorecovered document pop up. Does that mean I lost the document?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Hi, I was working on a document and microsoft in my mac stopped responding, I forced quit and the document appeared again, with everything recovered, and I was about to save it, when it crashed again, and the next time I force quit, there was no autorecovered document pop up. Does that mean I lost the document?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. I'm afraid the document is gone. There are a few places to check on your Mac for the document. Lets check all places and see if it is somewhere. First force quit Word again and open it again. Does it load the document ? If not, then check the Autorecovery folder. In Finder, click on Go menu and select Home. Then open Documents folder. Open Microsoft folder and open Autorecovery folder. If you see any files there, then rename the files (to rename, select the file and press return key to bring the selection on name) and add .docx or .doc at the end of the file name and then open it with Word. Do you see your document ? If not, there is one more place to check. If you are lucky, you may find a backup in here. In Finder, hold down Option key, click on Go menu and select Library. From Library, Open Application Support folder, open Microsoft, open Office folder. Open Office Auto recovery folder and do you see it there ? If you don't see the document there either, I'm afraid it is gone. I'm sorry but there is no other way to get it back. When this kind of issue happens, make sure you copy the entire contents of documents before saving it i.e After opening the document (after crashing and reopening), press Command A and this will select everything in the document and press Command C and this will copy the contents. Then save it. If it freezes again, you can paste the contents on a new document and save it. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask