GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

Not all gmails go from iphone to pc. this is a new problem.

Customer Question

not all gmails go from iphone to pc. this is a new problem. how do I get all gmails on both?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I get all my gmails on i phone, but only some of them go to my pc. I have not had this problem previously. Can you help?
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I want to get all gmails on both iphone and pc.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.By default most PC email programs are set to automatically delete messages on the remote mail server once they have been downloaded to the computer, so if you subsequently check for messages on your iPhone your mailbox will be empty. It sounds as though the same thing is happening when you access mail on your iPhone, though the default setting is to not delete downloaded mail. You should check to see if this feature has been enabled by going to Settings > Mail > Accounts Advanced and under Incoming Settings make sure Delete from Server it is set to Never.There are also some settings in GMAIL on your MAC that also need to be checked. I an try to walk you through it here but it would be so much faster and easier if you and faster if you would consider allowing me to remotely connect to your computer and adjust the settings in gmail or in the email program that you use, while you watch. Secure Remote Assistance is a Premium Service that usually costs $19-$26 but because it will make my job so much easier and faster I will offer it to you at the lowest price we can charge for a premium service ($5). It's completely optional. If you'd rather continue here we can do that too. Please advise.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Were you able to check the settings on your phone? Is Delete from Server" set to Never? If you'd prefer to be walked through checking the Gmail settings, I can do that too. Are you accessing your Gmail through the web by going to, or through MAC mail, or Outlook, or another third party app? If Gmail on the web, open gmail, then click on the icon that looks like a gear in the upper right area of the screen. Click on Settings, and then on FORWARDING AND POP/IMAP. Scan the entire page. Any where that you see "ARCHIVE GMAIL's COPY or DELETE GMAIL's COPY, click on the dropdown arrow beside it, to change it to KEEP GMAIL's COPY .If you're accessing your gmail through MAIL on your MAC or another email application, please let me know so I can provide instructions for checking settings there as well.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
If the information that I have provided has helped, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!