Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I keep getting the following message: Time Machine couldn't

Customer Question

I keep getting the following message: Time Machine couldn't complete the backup to "FreeAgent GoFlex Drive".
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The message appears each time that the backup tries to run. It has run without any errors for over a year.
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I can't think of anything.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.Can you try a SMC?a couple of folks have said a SMC reset worked for them. Power down, disconnect the power cable for five seconds, reconnect and restart.