Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I installed an El Capitan update on my imac and now my microsoft

Customer Question

I installed an El Capitan update on my imac and now my microsoft word and all microsoft products won't stay open to work on. I get a bad_ex_access error
JA: Fortunately, the tech wizards we work with know El Capitan well, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best person for the job. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I'm getting a exc_bad_access error when I try to open up any microsoft products
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I paid on the secure page and haven't heard from anyone yet
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. This is a complicated error which is caused by corruption of Office files or system OS X. Since this started after installing OS X, I'd recommend to try the following options first. Go to Applications > Utilities folder and open Disk Utility. In Disk Utility, select your hard disk in left column (the first one in the list will be your hard disk), click First Aid button and run it. Repair if asked. Then download and run this update --> https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1869?locale=en_US Also reinstall Office from the Office installation discs. These steps will replace corrupted files with new one. After that, open Office. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting