GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

Got locked out. Of my ipad JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

Got locked out. Of my ipad
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Got locked out of my tablet
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Can you please tell me what happens when you try to log into your ipad? Is it asking for a passcode? Is it telling you that your ipad is locked?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When I try to logon I can,t
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
We will need to reset the ipad. If you set up Find My iPhone on your iOS device or Mac, you can use iCloud to erase and restore it.From another device, go to prompted, sign in with your Apple ID.Click All Devices at the top of your browser window. Select the device you want to erase.Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.Now you can either restore from a backup or set up as new.Please let me know if you have any problems signing into iclous or any problems with any of these steps.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Were you able to successfully reset the ipad and restore your data from icloud?If the information that I have provided has helped, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! There are a couple of other ways to reset the ipad if that method did not work. I wil work with you intil the problem is resolved. Thank you!
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Your Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) should be (Use SSL with port: 465). I am uploading a pdf with detailed instructions for how your MAC Mail should be setup for use with you can use this to check your outgoing server settings. If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
My apologies. This was meant for someone else. Please ignore.