GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

JA: . How can we help? Customer: with iPhoto

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: with iPhoto open on my mac, I would like to drag photos into an existing email, but it does not work, I have to drag the photo onto my desktop or pictures feel and than put the photo into the email, big hassle, any solutions?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: see above question
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Listed below are the proper steps for sending an iphoto picture as an email attachment.

To email pictures as attachments in iPhoto:

1. Select the pictures you want to send.
  2. Click on the email button or choose Share, Email.

3. Select a size for your pictures from the pulldown menu. iPhoto will show you how many photos you have selected and how big the attachment will be.

4. You can select to include titles and comments by using the two checkboxes.
  5. Click on Compose and Mail will open, ready for you to address your email.

Once you’re finished addressing your email message, click on Send and your pictures will be on their way.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Did that work for you? If so, and you are satisfied with my answer, please be kind and take a moment to rate me so I will be receive credit for my answer. If you are not satisfied, please let me know so I can continue working with you or refer you to another expert. Please do not issue a rating until you have provided me with an opportunity to address any remaining questions or issues. Your complete satisfaction is my goal!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello,I want to attach photos to existing emails, I do not want to create new emails for the just the photos, meaning, i have an email already composed and open and if I grab a photo from the iPhoto folder and try and drag this into the email nothing happens. This may be a no go with Apple, I do not know.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately it is. Iphoto imports existing photos and converts them into a proprietary format that must be exported before being used in other applications. As part of the process of sending the email from iphoto, the conversion is done for you. I know that this isn't the answer that you were hoping for but is an honest and accurate answer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you, ***** ***** least I know it's not me
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

You're most welcome. Please take a moment to rate my service today. I would appreciate it very much. Have a great weekend!