Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have bought an Astell & Kern Junior nd it has a Usb Dac facility

Customer Question

i have bought an Astell & Kern Junior nd it has a Usb Dac facility but although I -River shows in sound as achoic e The mac states that there the device has no output controls .also i have hi res files from Qobuz which i want to download to the Astell but nothing happens
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: not sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you able to answer the question?
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.Please allow me to review your information, and gathe rthe informtaion needed to help you in your answer..Please Stand-by
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If you need more info let me know I have an iMac screen with a seperate Apple computer the small square one but ther is no obvious head phone connection There is a user manual on-line for the Astell junior which deals with connection to Imac but i get no sound whatsoever using the USB DAC facility when i connect the phones to the Astell player I also have bought high res lps from Qobuzz but they simply stay in the Qobuzz App and do not download to the Astell Player as they should The res is 24 bits for these recordings The Astell Is supposed to be DAC player for the I-Tunes to play via the Astell player but although the I-River connection shows in the Sound option in Preferences there is no sound at all through the player just the statement that there is no output control I am not youn 67 next week . I just like my music as good as possible and i am disappointed it does not work as it should Phiip
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Off to bed now night
Okay, we can finish this up tomorrow, if you like?.What time would be best?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Good afternoon I am available if it is convenient for you Philip
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi has any progress been made ? PHILIP
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there any chance of a reply to my question please Phuilip
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hi i am still awiting a response of some sort Philip
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you tell me if someone will be getting back to me at some time Philip