Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have an iMac, iPad, and iPhone6. I recently went on vacation

Customer Question

I have an iMac, iPad, and iPhone6. I recently went on vacation and loaded pictures. Now all of my devices say there is insufficient storage. I have deleted a ton of old pictures. I upgraded my iCloud storage and have put many photos on the cloud. I still cannot upload new pictures. Every device is filled with photos. I don't want photos on my phone...but they got there! how do I control what goes where?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. iCloud Photo Library and/or Photo Stream is probably what causing the problem. First backup all your photos from your iPhone and iPad to your Mac. Then backup them to your external hard drive. Now on your iPad and iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos and uncheck iCloud Photo Library and Photo Stream. Then go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage. Look which storage is running out. Let me know. Let me know how it goes please
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
Also open Photos app. Tap Recently Deleted albums and make sure you delete the deleted photos from there as well. It possible that you are running out of iCloud. Goto Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage and tell me how much is available on iCloud. Also give the internal storage details of iPhone and iPad as well