GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

Updated my ipad. asking me which I don't have. can

Customer Question

updated my ipad. asking me for passcode which I don't have.
can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Hi Joseph. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Follow these steps if you've forgotten your passcode. Be warned, If you enter the wrong passcode in to an iOS device six times in a row, you'll be locked out and a message will say that your device is disabled.Unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn't a way to save your device's data. You'll need to erase your device, which deletes all of your data and settings. Choose a way to erase:If you've synced with iTunes, use iTunes.If you're signed in to iCloud and Find My iPhone is enabled, use iCloud.If you don't use iCloud and you can't sync or connect with iTunes, use recovery mode.Erase your device with iTunesIf you've synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device.Connect your device to the computer you synced with.Open iTunes. If asked for a passcode, try another computer you've synced with, or use recovery mode. Wait for iTunes to sync your device and make a backup. If it doesn't, learn what to do.Once the sync and backup have finished,click Restore [your device].When you reach the Set Up screen while restoring your iOS device, tap Restore from iTunes backup.Select your device in iTunes. Look at the date and size of each backup and pick the most relevant one.Erase your device with iCloudIf you set up Find My iPhone on your iOS device or Mac, you can use iCloud to erase and restore it.From another device, go to icloud.com/find.If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID.Click All Devices at the top of your browser window. Select the device you want to erase.Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.Now you can either restore from a backup or set up as new.NOTE: If your device isn't connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network, you can't erase it with Find My iPhone.If you've never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. While your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't let go when you see the Apple logo — keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
I have just provided several options for you. Hopefully one of them will work for you. If so, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Joseph, were you able to successfully reset your iPad? I hope so, but if you weren't and you still need help. please let me know.If you were able to reset it using the instructions that I provided, please be kind and provide a rating so that I recieve credit for my answer. Thank you much!