Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have problem with my macbook pro battery JA: Fortunately,

Customer Question

hello, i have problem with my macbook pro battery
JA: Fortunately, the wizards we work with know the MacBook inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best person for the job. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: whenever i unplug my charger macbook shuts down
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Model Information:
Serial Number: C0144450FBYF9CRA1
Manufacturer: DP
Device Name: bq20z451
Pack Lot Code: 0
PCB Lot Code: 0
Firmware Version: 702
Hardware Revision: 1
Cell Revision: 1206
Charge Information:
Charge Remaining (mAh): 7823
Fully Charged: Yes
Charging: No
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 7965
Health Information:
Cycle Count: 156
Condition: Replace Now
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): 0
Voltage (mV): 12750
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Its possible you could have a dead battery. But, lets try some repairs first. Lets start here, Shut down your Mac.Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Option, Command (⌘), P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.Turn on your Mac.Immediately press and hold the Option-Command-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.Continue holding the keys down until your Mac restarts, and you hear the startup sound for the second time.Release the keys. Once complete, will the battery charge now, and if so once its charged a bit can you run on just the battery? If not, lets try this repair next. Shut down the Mac.Plug in the MagSafe or USB-C power adapter to a power source and to your Mac.Using the built-in keyboard, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the keyboard, then press the power button at the same time.Release all keys, then press the power button again to turn on your MacIf the battery is removableShut down the Mac.Disconnect the MagSafe power adapter from the Mac.Remove the battery. (Learn about removing the battery in MacBook and MacBook Pro computers.)Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.Reconnect the battery and MagSafe power adapter.Press the power button to turn on the Mac. If none of those repairs work, please send a reply so we can discuss further options. And if the repairs do work, please remember to return here and click and submit a rating to show I helped you! Thank you kindly, Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.