Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I'm using Keynote version 6.5.3 I went to the view tab, inspector,

Customer Question

I'm using Keynote version 6.5.3 I went to the view tab, inspector, document and set the Presentation type to NORMAL but the slides advance by themselves every 8 seconds. In the Normal setting the arrow keys don't advance the slides at all. Setting the Presentation type to self-playing allows me to use the arrow keys to advance the slides but it still advances the slide in 8 seconds automatically. I want to advance the slides myself using the arrow key and pause on a given slide until I'm ready to advance. What can I do ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.
Highlight all the slides then on the right under Animations make it Start Transition : ON Click
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.
Did you try that?