Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

Am I able to retrive a sent email please? JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

Am I able to retrive a sent email please?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have sent an email with a string that should nto be read by the final recipient - can I retract it before it is read please?
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.To Retract an email, depends on a few things.First, is the email provider.....what is your provider? What I'm asking....is what comes after the @ symbol in your email address..The second is the Email client (such as MS outlook, or Mozilla Thunderbird) to send the RETRACTION notice. So, which email program do you use..if any?Browser based email is also possible for retraction, but nt always..Thirdly.....you are correct....if the recipient reads, or opens the email.....then, it would not matter if you retracted it at that point....and some providers don't allow retraction AFTER the email ahs been opened.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
BT internet is the provider. I don't know whether I use an email client - how do I find out?
You saidBT internet is your provider.......so what comes after the @ symbol in your email address?.FOr example....mine would***@******.*** what is yours?.Also, an email client is any software program you install (or is already installed) that you use to access your email. Web Browsers like Internet Explorer or Firefox or Chrome DO NOT COUNT.Th most common email client is called Microsoft Outlook.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
@btinternet.comIs the client Safari?
No, Safari is a Web Browser.Safari is a program you use to SURF the internet....but you can also login to your email provider, and check email.Safari is quite useful.Mac Mail would be an Email client on your computer..Now, please allow me a few minutes to gather the information about retracting an email using BTinternet service.Please stand-by
Unfortunately BT internet has been joined with Yahoo, and now uses Yahoo EMail servers..Took me awhile to find this all out.As company mergers can be complicated and confusing....especially technology companies or ISP's.Anyways, the long and short of it is....NO....its NOT possible to RETRACT, or UNsend an EMail once it has been sent using BT/Yahoo email....Unfortunately..Sending an email is kind of like mailing a first class letter at the post office. Once it is on it's way, you are not able to stop the process.One thing you can try - is sending the person 20 emails that are blank, with the same subject. When they open the first few, they may just delete the rest thinking it was an error. (This works if they have not opened the email yet.).The only way a recall for a sent email works, is within a closed Outlook/MS Exchange email system.
Please take a moment to rate my performance.Thank you!