Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My mac froze after a disk warning came up. Rainbow kept circling

Customer Question

My mac froze after a disk warning came up. Rainbow kept circling . Now the finder is bouncing and is flashing. Please help
JA: Apple makes such lovely gadgets but they're still computers underneath. That's where the Mac Technician comes in really handy. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I did power own and restart. Launch pad will open for only a second, alert for mail quit unexpectedly has come up..I did click on reopen and nothing happened and then clicked on report. Nothing has changed
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: I don't know what else I should tell you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today, I'm sorry about the issue, This usually happens if there is any problem with RAM, Hard drive or with the system files. Please try some basic troubleshooting steps to isolate and fix the problem. First try Disk Utility : Turn off your Mac. Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command + R keys on your keyboard. This will boot your Mac to "Mac OS Utilities” menu Select Disk Utility. In Disk Utility, click Repair Permission. Then click Verify Disk and if asked to repair, click Repair DiskThen reset the PRAM and NVRAM of your Mac. Follow the steps below; Shut down your Mac Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. Turn on the computer. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times. Release the keys and let the Mac boot up. Let me know the results pleaseThank you