Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I want to move iPhoto pictures from one Mac to another. JA:

Customer Question

I want to move iPhoto pictures from one Mac to another.
JA: Apple makes such lovely gadgets but they're still computers underneath. That's where the Mac Technician comes in really handy. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I want to restore an old Mac to original settings. I'll need to move my iPhotos to my newer Mac.
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.
Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen on both Macs to About This Mac and give me this information: • The exact system Version (listed right under OS X ??) • Processor • Memory
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.
They both have to be using the same version of iPhoto, just go to your Pictures folder and copy the iPhoto Library to an external drive or USB stick. Then go to the other Mac and copy it to that computers Pictures folder. If there is another iPhoto Library there and you don't need it just replace it. If you need to save that Library rename the copied Library to Old iPhoto Library and then copy it to the Pictures folder. Then hold Option and open iPhoto and choose the Old Library to open
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.
Need any further help? If not and you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!