Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am running an iphone 6. The mail app will not stay open.

Customer Question

I am running an iphone 6. The mail app will not stay open. How can I fix this problem? Thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I tap on the mail app on my iphone 6, mail opens and then quickly closes. I have tried the usual fixes, resets and restarts, to no avile
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: No, that's all I got.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Terry White II replied 7 months ago.
Hello, thank you for asking your question! My name is ***** ***** I'm a Technical Support Specialist of 15+ years experience as a cross-platform (Mac/PC) Specialist. Glad to assist you with your question today.I am not sure what version of iOS you are running on your iPhone 6, but if possible, what I would recommend you do if you have not already attempt this- is to update to the most current version of iOS for your iPhone 6.If you have done this already, then I would recommend you back up your iPhone 6 in iTunes and perform a factory restore of your iPhone, which will usually restore all default apps including Mail app, back to normal functionality.Then you should be able to restore your iPhone 6 most current back up and try accessing your mail app again. Sometimes it is not so much the content within the affected app, as it is the default app itself. And because you cannot delete default apps from your iPhone 6, these aforementioned recommendations should help you with this issue.Please let me know if this helps in any way. I look forward to your feedback. Thank you.Regards, -Terry
Hello,Just sending this post to you to remind you that your question is still a priority for me to answer for you.I have not received a recent update from you at the present. Therefore, I wanted to assure you I am waiting for a reply from you, so we can either continue working on this issue or you confirm that the last processes provided worked and the issue has been resolved. Thank you. I look forward to corresponding with you again, once you are back online with JustAnswer.com. Regards,-Terry