Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a 6.6.1 Keynote document which will not open. I get

Customer Question

I have a 6.6.1 Keynote document which will not open. I get an error message which says...
Slides copy.key can't be opened for some reason.
Category: Mac
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.Keynote is installed on a computer or on a tablet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On a 27 inch iMac
Quit Keynote completely and make sure its closed. Shut down your mac and wiat for 2 to 3 min and then power it back on.Have you installed Keynote from a disk or installed it from a downloaded version?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It came as part of an OS X installation
did you try the steps i gave to reboot your mac and then run the keynote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - Sorry about delay. Computer took awhile to restart. Keynote is closed.
Not a problem please open Keynote and let me know if you still get any error and if yes let me know the exact error message and the code you you get any.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just getting a spinning wheel. May take a minute.
okay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My system is going crazy which is I think being caused by its interaction with yours. So let's just end this session, you charge me the $42 and I'll call it a dead loss. James
Not a problem there must be a problem with Keynote that is why you are not getting it up in running.Try to remove keynote completely from the computer and reboot it after the removal.Download and install a new copy from itunes from the link given below.Let me know how it goes. https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/keynote/id409183694?mt=12