Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

On IPhone 6. had been a s theresince reopening the site;

Customer Question

on IPhone 6. had been a s theresince reopening the site; the "Enter Passcode" screen opened with keypad and 6 spaces. I ENTERED THE PASSWORD ***** THE NUMBERS I THOUGHT WERE CORRECT; BUT AFTER THAT the screen showed : ICON DISABLED TRY AGAIN AFTER 5 MINUTES (the number of minutes were extended with each retry following the same procedure but the disabled notice pops up after each attempt.
is there a procedure to retrieve my original password, or to replace with a new password *****??
Thanks much.
***** *****
phone (###) ###-####
3525 Turtle Creek Boulevard, Apt 10D
Dallas TX 75219
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. I'm really sorry that your iPhone is disabled. You probably setup a passcode when you setup the iPhone. This passcode is needed to unlock the iPhone after you restart the phone or updated it. Unfortunately there is NO way to retrieve that passcode or get back to your phone without the passcode (without erasing it). Your only option is erase the iPhone from iCloud or force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode screen and get it restored) But if you had backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account. Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode. First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.Open iTunes application on your computer.On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.Click OK or Restore Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it. Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining) Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, It's me Ashik again. I'm just checking. How is it going ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'M TRYING TO GET THIS TRANSACTION CLEARED UP. OUT OF CURIOSITY I STARTED TO FILL OUT YOUR WEBSITE SHEET. HOWEVER, AFTER GETTING TO THE END OF THE "APPLICATION" YOUR SITE TOLD ME THAT THERE IS A FEE FOR THIS SERVICE, WHICH I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHEN INVESTIGATING THE WEBSITE. IMMEDIATELY STOPPED COMPLETING THE APPLICATION AND GIVING NO PAYMENT AMOUNT OR METHOD OF PAYMENT FOR THE PRODUCT ASSUMING BY NOT COMPLETING THE ORDER REQUEST BEFORE IT WAS CHARGED, THE APPLICATION WOULD BE DELETED AND THE WEBSITE CLOSED TO VOID ANY ORDER DEEMED PLACED. PLEASE CONFIRM IT WAS CANCELLED! THANKS. ***** *****.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I believe the charge was one time $45 Please contact the customer support at***@******.*** They will help you with payment related questions and can cancel the question if you want. Best Regards,Ashik