Nathan, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Own/operate IT/networking company.

We have a Safari gun cabinet serial # ***** , and we can't

Customer Question

we have a Safari gun cabinet serial # ***** , and we can't locate the keys. we think the battery is dead because the code will not open the safe. How can i get another key?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Donna. Unfortunately this is not something you can simply get online, for obvious security reasons, otherwise anyone could break into your home or steal your safe and then just retrieve the keys to open it, rendering the safe useless. The manufacturer of these safes, Cannon, is unfortunately known for poor customer support. They do not keep keys or sell extras. Even if you contact them directly, they would only refer you to a locksmith. You'll need to contact a local locksmith and they can decipher the numbers on the lock cylinder and make a corresponding key to fit it, or worst case if they cannot make a fit they'd drill out the lock and replace it with a new one. Expect to pay anywhere from about $100 for a basic replacement key on up to about $250 for a full rekey and lock replacement. You can use this site to find a certified locksmith near you: I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible in this case, it is unfortunately the only option as designed by the manufacturer. Best regards ***** ***** for the news,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.