Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Just installed apple tv. to watch watch espn. only channels

Customer Question

just installed apple tv. to watch watch espn.
only channels interested in are locked. college baseball ,football sec. conf
how do we unlock.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Great question, and youre one of the early adopters of this feature as apple hasnt even released a FAQ on how to set this up. What you need to do is try to select or watch espn, or one of the channels.. It should then ask you to enter your login credentials for the cable TV service you pay for.. For instance, if you pay comcast for cable tv then you need to login using you comcast.net and password. Once you have linked your paid cable provider account to t he apple tv, you will be able to stream any live Tv apps on the ipad that cover channels that you have within your TV bundle, as decided by your cable provider. If you have any further questions or concerns, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I,m on direct tv noipad. Iget all the watch espn stations its college sports stations are locked
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Are those college sports stations , the same stations.. Are they viewable through your TV , via your direct TV receiver? If they arent a part of your direct TV package, then you wont be able to view them on apple TV.. This isnt apples fault, or a fault with the device, its an issue due to the convoluted way that modern tv providers and cable companies limit their content on computers and devices~ So you may need to call direct TV and upgrade your programming package to include those channels on your TV, then youd be able to watch them on apple tv.. If you have further questions, let me know! I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, I havent heard back from you since you viewed my response. Do you still need assistance, or did the steps I suggested fix the problem? I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.