Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I just down/uploaded the new software to my iphone. now I

Customer Question

I just down/uploaded the new software to my iphone. now I cann0t open it
I get Hello in the middle of the of the screen and instructions to slide to set up
the then the next screen says enter pass code OOOO
with a phone keyboard
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. After sliding to set up, what happens when you enter your login passcode? Is there any error or message?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Solution #1:- Press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.Solution #2:- If that does not work, please try the following steps:If possible, press & hold the Power button on the iPhone until it lets you slide to turn off, then slide to power off.Open iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/Connect the iPhone to the computer with the USB Cable.On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.After 10 or 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.Click Restore / factory reset, and continue.Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34v8HMC9B98When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.