Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I am getting the console icon with the black warning box sign

Customer Question

I am getting the console icon with the black warning box sign with yellow font appear in the dock by itself
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: and when I click on it, there are zillions of messages about errors with various apps
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: under diagnostics and usage messages
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.I'm working on your question. I will reply in a few minutes.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
If you just see the console icon with yellow writing on it (like AY 7:36), it is normal. It is the icon of the Console app. It is basically an app that shows the operations of your Mac and it's applications. You can close it. If you are experiencing any issues with your Mac, then let me know and I will help you. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
The blackbox with text "WARNING AY 7:36" is actually the design of that icon (or app). That doesn't indicate any issues with your Mac. When you open it, it will show infinite number of processes and tasks your Mac goes through like process created, failed, stopped, killed, suspended etc. You can safely ignore them. Just close the console app. If you experience any issues with your Mac, please let me know.