Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I am planning to purchase a new MacBook. My current operating

Customer Question

I am planning to purchase a new MacBook. My current operating system is OS X 10.6.8. I was told to back up my computer before taking it to the Apple Store to have information transferred to the new computer. I just purchased a My Passport for Mac that states on the box it's compatible with Yosemite, Mavericks or MountIn Lion. Will it work on my computer?
JA: Apple makes such lovely gadgets but they're still computers underneath. That's where the Mac Technician comes in really handy. Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: I don't think so. There's not much that I think I need to save, except for several years of tax returns.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeYes it should work as it is using the inbuilt drivers.If you connect the drive, do you see it show up within finder?